Currently, we are fully enrolled for the 2016-17 school year. We will begin accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year on September 1, 2016.
For detailed instructions about how to apply, and to submit an international application, please create an account by clicking on the link below.
Application Process for the 2017-18 School Year
There are two cycles of international application review
- Round One Application Deadline: Dec. 9, 2016
- Round Two Application Deadline: Feb. 13, 2017
1. Submit an Online Application via Ravenna (click the Apply Online button above)
- In Ravenna, you will:
- Create Profile
- Complete Preliminary Application
- Pay Application Fee
- Parents Submit Their Parent Statement
- Students Submit Their International Student Questionnaire
- Submit Teacher Assessment Forms
- Submit Financial Statement
2. Supplemental Forms to be Returned Separately
- Certificate of Deposit or Bank Statement from the tuition payer's bank (return by mail)
- School Transcripts sent to the school in sealed envelopes (return by mail)
- Only for TOEFL Jr. and IELTS score reports (return by mail) - see Ravenna online application for more details
Return supplemental forms to:
The Northwest School
Attention: International Admissions
1415 Summit Avenue
Seattle, Washington, 98122
English proficiency testing is required for all international applicants. However, meeting or exceeding the minimum test score is not a guarantee of admission to NWS. We accept the following tests:
- TOEFL: The Northwest School institution code for the TOEFL is 1715. Preferred for international students who would like to be considered for our non-ESL college preparatory program.
- TOEFL Jr.
International students not applying to the ESL program should also provide ISEE or SSAT test scores.
3. Schedule and complete a visit or interview
We require an interview as part of the application, either in person or via an online video-call. The submission of a writing sample will be included during the interview. Please contact the International Admission Office to make an appointment.
We will send you an email receipt when your application is complete. You can also track the receipt of your supplemental materials on your online application personal checklist; please be aware that processing for supplemental forms may take up to 5-10 business days.
Admission to The Northwest School is competitive, but not limited to one measure. A committee comprised of faculty and administrators considers the following sources of information: the application, academic records, teacher evaluations, personal recommendation, test score (TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP-SLATE, or EIKEN), school visit/interview, and a student’s talents, character and leadership qualities. The Admission Committee will consider multiple factors and determine the most suitable program for the applicant.
If you need assistance with any part of the application process, please contact the International Admission Coordinator, John (Jack) Lloyd at 206.682.7309 x6080, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.