Financial Aid, Cancellations & Refunds
Financial Aid Policies
The Northwest School awards financial aid based on the demonstrated need of the family. Further, only U.S. citizens and resident aliens residing within the Greater Seattle/King County area are eligible for financial aid. The Board of Trustees elected to target our limited resources for financial aid locally, as a way of giving back to the local economy. For a full account of our financial aid policies, please visit: http://northwestschool.org/admissions/tuition-fina...
Because funding is limited and we wish to provide aid to as many people as possible, we ask that you limit your request to two camps. For the Two-Week Summer Camp, aid is only available for Full or Half Day registrations (no aid for Boarding).
How to Apply
Please download and submit the application along with a copy of your completed 1040, including all schedules, and W-2(s).
All applications for aid are due to the summer camp office by April 15. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a rolling basis as long as funds are available.
If you are a current or incoming NWS family who will be receiving aid for the 2016-2017 academic year, you do NOT need to complete this application. Instead, please contact Van Nguyen, Extended Learning Director, (email@example.com or 206-816-6211) for directions on how to proceed. If funds are available, we will prorate summer tuition at the same percentage as you receive for the academic year.
Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Summer Camp Director.
- Registration deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Cancellations must be made before June 1 for a full refund (less the deposit)
- Cancellations for full day or half day programs made after June 1 but before the first day of a registered camp session, will be given a 50% refund. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the first day of a registered camp session.
- Cancellations for boarding registrations made after June 1, but before two weeks prior to the start of the camp session will be given a 50% refund. No refunds will be given for cancellations within two weeks of the start of the camp session. i.e. no refund will be given for the boarding program after the following dates in 2017:
- Session 1 - June 25
- Session 2 - July 9
- Session 3 - July 23
- Summer Camp Material fees are non-refundable and non-transferable after June 1.
- Airport Transportation fees are not refundable if cancelled less than two weeks prior to the scheduled pick-up or drop-off.
- Medical Insurance fees are not refundable if cancelled less than two weeks prior to the start of the camp session.
- International campers needing visas to enter the U.S., will receive a full refund (less the deposit) if their visas are denied, regardless of the date. We may ask for written proof of the denial.