We have introduced an early decision option for families with current students in the 6th through 11th grade at Northwest, and faculty members, with children applying to 6th grade. Current families and faculty with children applying to 7th – 12th grades, along with other connected applicants including alumni children and alumni siblings, will continue to be given priority consideration for admission as part of the regular admission timeline.
It’s important to note that, under this new policy, sibling and faculty child applicants are not guaranteed admission. All children who apply, regardless of the timing of their applications, are evaluated holistically, based upon the myriad materials submitted. The early decision timeline gives families time to explore other educational options should that be necessary.
Early Decision Timeline
For Siblings & Faculty Children applying to 6th Grade
- October 27: Submit Preliminary Application on Ravenna, and select Early Sibling & Faculty Child as the application type
- November 12: Deadline for submitting Supplemental Application materials on Ravenna. Please note: if any part of the application is submitted after the deadline, we may not be able to consider the application for the early round of decisions
- November 12: Financial Aid Application Deadline
- November 12: ISEE or SSAT testing Deadline
- December 9: Decision Notification (through Ravenna and by e-mail)
- December 16: Family Response Deadline
For more information, or any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 206-816-6032 or email@example.com.